To find a swift and effective solution to problems so that the client get on with their business rather than waste time and costs on stressful litigation.
Areas of Expertise
- Construction law; advising on all aspects of disputes, dealing with adjudications, arbitrations and if needed cases in the court of Technology and construction; dealing with Joint venture agreements, JCT contracts, appointments of consultants
- Property disputes. Dealing with disputes appertaining to the development of land and property including access disputes, boundary issues, option agreements and covenant issues.
- Dealing with applications in the Lands Tribunal relating to enforcement and modification of covenants relating to Land.
- Disputes relating to commercial landlord and tenant matters including dilapidation claims, rent arrears and guarantor issues
- Claims in professional negligence against professionals relating to the above matters including claims v solicitors, architects, engineers, project managers.
- Mediations relating to all of above
Recent Work Includes
- Advising on £3.5 m refurbishment of shopping centre and handling claims by tenants, claims v principal contractors and project manager
- Acting for developer relating to development of out of town superstore where artics could not gain access, dealing with claim v traffic engineer, negotiating with local authority and dealing with claims of tenants
- Handling arbitration claims for and against builders relating to various different types of property.
- Dealing with claims for LADs
- Dealing with dilapidation claims on commercial let property.
- Dealing with professional claim against solicitor for failure to advise on covenants.
- Dealing with professional negligence claims v solicitor for issues arising from Option agreement.
- Dealing with professional negligence claim v project manager arising from large development when the principal contractor went into liquidation when 90% of works complete.
- Dealing with Insolvency Practitioner after insolvency of principal contractor on development of 350 residential homes and then dealing with Zurich insurance under the guarantee; handling claims from property owners.
- Mediating tri party disputes involving negligence claims relating to property and construction disputes.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1991 (I no longer practice as a solicitor)
- Southampton University LLB 1977
- CEDR accredited mediator 1991
- Recommended Department by The Legal 500 (UK 2016) for Commercial Litigation