With my clear, considered, and commercial approach, I provide my clients with focused and practical advice to resolve their dispute.
Areas of Expertise
Contentious trusts and probate claims, including:
- Claims for lack of testamentary capacity
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Claims for lack of knowledge and approval.
- Will validity claims
- Claims against executors
- Claims relating to the interpretation of Wills and trust documents
- Court of Protection work, including Statutory Will applications
- Claims for breach of trustee’s duties
- Claims for rectification of a Will
- Proprietary estoppel claims
- Claims relating to death bed gifts
- Undue influence claims
- Contractual disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
- Company and Partnership disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Debt recovery
I have particular experience in acting for individuals and charities in Will, probate and trusts claims, and regularly advise beneficiaries, potential beneficiaries, executors and trustees. As well as my day-to-day contentious trust and probate work, I am also a member of Ellis Jones’ specialist charity advice service and Court of Protection team.
Recent Work Includes
- Disputes arising in the administration of a number of high value estates.
- Beneficiaries regards a claim to declare a Will invalid on the basis of lack of testamentary capacity.
- Beneficiaries on a constructive trusts.
- Numerous claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Ownership and liabilities relating to partnerships and companies.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in September 2012
- Ranked as an "Associate to Watch" in Chambers and Partners' High Net Worth guide, Private Wealth Disputes (UK, The South 2018)
- Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 (UK 2017) for both Commercial Litigation and Contentious Trusts & Probate - being described as 'an excellent, clear-thinking litigator whose advice to clients is thorough but readily intelligible’
- Recommended Department by The Legal 500 (UK 2017) for Commercial Litigation and Contentious Trusts & Probate
- Recommended Department by The Legal 500 (UK 2016) for Commercial Litigation and Contentious Trusts & Probate - being described as 'Streets ahead'.
- ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Solicitors - Full member)
- LLB Law Degree (2:1) University of Exeter
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Distinction)
- Member of the Charity Law Association
- Member of the Institute of Legacy Management
Ranked as 'Associate to Watch':
"I think she's excellent. She's a very, very good lawyer first and foremost but clients just adore her. She's got a very good client manner, especially in the cases that require a human touch. She applies her legal analysis and nous, but in a way that is very reassuring and sympathetic and very focused on the clients' interests. They rave about her and rightly so; I think she's great."
- Chambers and Partners' High Net Worth Guide - Private Wealth Disputes (The South)