I provide effective and focused jargon-free advice. I get straight to the point in a clear, concise and commercial way. I am always monitoring legal and non-legal technology in order to take advantage of any systems and processes which improve the delivery of legal services by making it more efficient, accessible and transparent. This comes across in the way I work with my clients (for example I believe I was the first lawyer in Bournemouth to adopt electronic signatures and virtual data rooms for M&A work).
Areas of Expertise
- Buying and selling companies and businesses
- Shareholder agreements
- Software licences
- IT services contracts
- Hardware and software maintenance agreements
- Website terms and conditions, privacy, acceptable use and cookies policies
- Commercial contracts
- Terms and conditions for the supply of goods and services to both consumers and businesses
- Loan and finance agreements
- Independent legal advice on personal guarantees and bank securities
Recent Work Includes
- End User Licence Agreement for 2 multi-million pound software companies as well as a number of mobile app developers;
- Software as a Services (SaaS/SaS) licence agreements;
- IT services contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLA);
- Share buy back agreements;
- Asset Sales/Purchases including the following industries: e-commerce, performing arts, retail, professional services and estate agents;
- Share Sales/Purchases including the following industries: e-commerce, amazon stores, graphic design and production, electronics manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and food and drinks;
- A variety of shareholders agreements, articles of association, incorporations and routine company secretarial matters;
- Independent legal advice on personal guarantees and indemnities both from banks and in private arrangements;
- Mobile application prize competition terms and conditions.
Professional Associations and Qualifications
Member of and University Ambassador for the Society of Computers and Law.